JMeter Interview Questions for Experienced￼
- May 11, 2022
- Posted by: Pavithra
- Category: Interview Question and Answers
JMeter Interview Questions for Experienced
1. What do you know about assertions?
JMeter Interview Questions for Experienced : Samplers’ requests are often made in the JMeter. The actual task of assertions is to check certain values in acknowledging the requests from the samplers. Some of the assertions which are used often are:
- Xpath assertion
- XML assertion
- HTML assertion
2. What do you mean by Plan a Test?
There are certain elements that are useful in a performance test. Test Plan is nothing but a logical packet that contains all those test elements. Some common examples are Assertions, thread groups as well as samplers.
3. What do you know about the Pre-processors in JMeter?
Before the sample requests are accomplished, Pre-processors are executed. Basically, these are nothing but the test plan elements that are helpful in ensuring reliability. Some of the widely used Pre-processors in the JMeter are:
- Rewriting modifier
- Link paper for HTML
4. Is it possible to run JMeter in GUI? If so, explain how?
Yes, it is possible to run the JMeter in GUI. For this, a simple command is used and i.e.
:jmeter -n -ttest.jmx -l test.jtl
5. How JMeter works?
It works very simply. There is nothing much you need to do. Actually, it simply acts as a pool of users that often sends their requests to the server. Collecting all the responses from the server is the responsibility of the JMeter. These responses are then considered for analyzing the performance of the apps.
6. What are the different protocols that are supported by JMeter?
For testing web applications, JMeter uses Web protocols such as HTTPS as well as HTTP. When it comes to testing the service applications, both Rest and SOAP are supported by JMeter. In addition to this, it supports HTTP and JDBC for analyzing the applications of the database. Another common protocol that JMeter handles is the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP). Also, the protocols for testing the mail servers such as IMAP and SMTP are compatible with JMeter.
7. How would you compare JMeter with other similar tools?
The best thing is its GUI which is very simple as well as intuitive as compared to other tools. It really doesn’t matter which platform you use on computers. Like other tools, it doesn’t face any compatibility issues. Also, it’s a freely available tool due to its open-source nature. JMeter is having a very unique feature in it that most of the other tools lack and i.e. it can be used easily for automated testing of the apps. The extensible nature makes it simply the best as compared with others. In addition to this, it permits concurrent sampling very easily. All the test plans can be prepared in XML format in JMeter.
8. What are the main parts of a Thread Group?
The main parts of Thread Group as mentioned below
- Controller: which controls the entire flow of the thread group
- Assertion: This is responsible for time management. Basically, it checks whether the response is there within the specified time or not.
- Sampler: Its task is to send different requests to the server
- Configuration elements: It manages information related to the requests that are to be integrated with samplers
- Listeners: Its task is to save the final outcome of the run.
9. How sampler and logical controllers in JMeter are different?
Both these controllers have their own tasks for which they are responsible. The controller sampler ensures all the requests are met by the server. On the other hand, the Logical controller is responsible for changing the manner of processing the requests that are originated from the elements.
10. What are the features of Configuration elements?
All the variables, as well as defaults that are used in the samplers, are created through Configuration elements. In case the need to change the request raised by the sampler is felt, configuration elements can perform this task. With the help of this, Java testing can be made simple by setting the default values. Configuration elements are very helpful when it comes to setting more than one user logins for the web pages. Also, default values can be set which it which are used by the HTTP controller.
11. Name at least 10 Listeners that JMeter is equipped with?
A lot of Listeners are present and each is responsible for performing a specific task. They are:
- Summary Report
- Graph Results
- Spline Visualizer
- Monitor Results
- Data writer
- Response time graph
- Mailer Visualizer
- Aggregate results
- Backend listener
- Bean Shell Listener
12. What are the applications that you can test with JMeter?
There are certain types of apps that you can test and a few of them are FTP, TCP, Websites, Shell Scripts, SMTP, JDBC, and LDAP.
13. What are Post-Processors in JMeter?
They are quite similar to the Pre-Processors. The only difference is they are used after the accomplishment of sampler requests. They can easily be used when it comes to taking values from the sampler response.
14. What do you know about the Concurrent user hit in JMeter?
A concurrent user hit is when a very large number of users clash for a similar event of the app under lost test simultaneously. It is because this concurrency point is considered which makes the virtual users wait until others are already running the scripts.
Hope you liked Laraonlinetraining JMeter Interview Questions for Experienced