Creating Users & Assigning Licenses In Intune
- August 10, 2022
- Posted by: Laraonline2020
- Category: End User Computing
Creating Users & Assigning Licenses In Intune : In this article, we will be talking about creating the users and assigning the license to them.
Before we enroll the device to Intune, we need to create the users in Azure Active directory and please note that Microsoft Intune works in Sync with Azure Active Directory. Users will use these credentials to login into the Intune.
In our article, we will create the users manually in the Azure Active Directory. Also, you can use Azure AD connect to sync your existing accounts from your on-premises active directory.
- Login to your Endpoint Manager Admin center ( Intune console)
- Click on users and on All users
- Click on New user on the top
- Enter the information for the user, such as the name, user id , Job Info etc
- Go ahead and create the account
- Under Profile, complete user information
- Under Groups, choose a group to add the user to. If you don’t have any group, skip this step and do not add the user to a group. In our example, we are adding it to the All-Intune Users group .
- Under Assigned Role, assigned a Directory Role to your user
INTUNE LICENSE ASSIGNMENT
We now need to assign the user with a license that includes Intune before enrolment. If you don’t assign an Intune license to your user, you won’t be able to enroll their devices.
You can assign a license by users, or you can use groups to assign your license more effectively. Repeat the step for all your users or groups.
- Click on the user that you just created
- Click on Licenses on the left and then Assignment on the top
- Select the desired license for your user and click Save at the bottom
- Also, ensure that Microsoft Intune is selected
Intune Training and Demo Video
We have curated a production based Intune Training Program. Please View the below Demo and contact us for live online training.