Top 126 interview questions (2022 Updated)
- March 7, 2022
- Posted by: Sanjay Joseph
- Category: End User Computing
Top 126 SCCM interview questions which are more imminent among the interviewers and will help both freshers and experienced candidates.
What is SCCM?
SCCM stands for System Centre Configuration Manager. It is a software management product developed by Microsoft. This tool allows users to manage Windows-based systems.
Mention the Types of Sites to be had in SCCM 2012.
Primary Site, Secondary Site, and CAS (Central Administration Site).
What Is a Primary Site?
- To use Configuration Manager, you must have at least one primary site
- Can be in a child relationship to a Central Administration site, which can only be set during installation
- Cannot be a child to another primary site
- •Manage clients in well-connected networks
- Require a SQL database
- Replicate their data to a Central Administration site if part of a hierarchy
- Supports client assignment
- Consist of one or more systems hosting various site system roles
What is the central administration site?
- Is required to use a multi-site hierarchy
- Must be the first site built if you use a multi-site hierarchy
- Is used for administration and reporting
- Requires a SQL database
- Does not process client data
- Does not support client assignment
- Has a limited number of site system roles
What Is a Secondary Site?
- Is optional
- Must be in a child relationship to a primary site, which is set during installation
- Is used when network bandwidth usage needs to be controlled
- Requires SQL Server Express or a SQL Server database to store configuration information
- Replicates its collected client data to its parent site using file-based replication
- Does not support client assignment •Consists of one or more systems hosting various site system roles
Differentiate between the primary site and Secondary Site
|Primary Site||Secondary Site|
|The primary site provides access to MS SQL Database.||The secondary site does not provide access to MS SQL Database.|
|Clients are assigned directly to this site.||Clients are not assigned directly to this site.|
|It can have child sites of their own.||It cannot have child sites of their own.|
|It can be administered using the configuration manager console.||It can be administered using the primary site.|
What Is Resource Discovery?
Resource discovery is the process of detecting and acquiring information about network resources
- A discovery agent gathers information about network resources (computers, users, security groups, and network infrastructure)
- The agent generates a DDR file
- The Discovery Data Manager loads the information from the DDR file into the database
List various client deployments methods
Various client deployments methods are:
- client push installation
- logon script installation
- software update point-based installation
- group policy installation
- upgrade installation
- manual installation.
Explain boundaries in SCCM
Boundaries are the network location that includes devices that are required to manage the system.
The different types of boundaries in SCCM are as follows:
- IP Subnet
- IP Ranges
- IPv6 Prefix
- Active Directory Site
Creating boundaries: Configure SCCM 2012 Boundaries (systemcenterdudes.com)
What is the use of WSUS?
WSUS allows administrators to deploy the Microsoft software updates to systems that are using the Windows OS.
Difference between Application and Package Deployment in SCCM Log Files?
- Applications are primarily designed for user deployments
- Applications give you more options to target particular devices. You can set detection method clauses to determine if a particular file, folder, registry key, or Windows installer code exists. If the condition is met, then the application either runs or it doesn’t, depending on what the administrator specifies
- Applications utilize single-instance storage (i.e) that they only need to store the content once on your distribution points as application get saved one time, and run either from the network or by downloading the content first
- Admin must figure out the correct detection clause and fill out a lot more information which takes more time
- Applications are deployed by all the deployment types that you set up. You cannot pick only one to deploy
- Applications deployment provides detailed reporting
- packages are primarily designed for device deployments
- In case of packaging, the administrator would have to specify certain files or file types in the Software Inventory section of the SCCM client. SCCM must have a pervious inventory record of these files or file types to create collections based on them.
- For packages, content must be saved to the distribution point and to the package share to deploy software from the network (i.e. not have to download the content then run it).
- Packages are far easier and less time consuming to set up than applications
- Management of the deployment of specific programs is separated with packages.
- Package can only say if it is success or failure
Mention various discovery methods.
Various discovery Methods are:
- Active directory system group discovery
- Active directory security group discovery
- Active directory user discovery
- Network discovery
- Heartbeat discovery
- Active directory system discovery.
Explain Active Directory Forest discovery?
Active Directory Forest Discovery is stated to be a modern discovery scheme in System Center Configuration Manager. It lets the client find out computer positions from several Active Directory forests. This sort of discovery technique also can generate barriers in Configuration Manager and placement information may be posted to a few different Active Directory wooded areas.
Mention the difference between package refresh & package update
|Package Refresh||Package Update|
|A package refresh is generally used as a refreshed file.||A package update is used when the user has made changes in the source file.|
|When a user makes changes in the file, it will create a compressed file.||The package cannot create a compressed file.|
|It can overwrite the old package files.||It can update the source package version in SQL|
Mention the ports used in SCCM
Ports used in SCCM are:
- Client to site system HTTP port 80
- Default HTTPS port 443
- SMB 445
- TCP 2701
List the features of SCCM
Important features of SCCM are:
- Update and patch systems
- Tracks the software and hardware assets
- Deploys operating systems
- It enables to control and support the client remotely
- SCCM allows to the configured desired system.
- It can be used for software customization.
What are All Unknown Computers collections?
The All-Unknown Computers collection includes the two objects that define the records in the Configuration manager. So, we can deploy the operating system that is not managed by the Configuration Manager.
These computers consist of the following:
- The system where the Configuration Manager client is not installed
- The system is not identified by the Configuration Manager.
- The system is not imported within the Configuration Manager.
Explain content library.
- The content library is a storage format that has only one instance of each file. It stores all the content in software distribution points using the content library.
Determine If You Need a Server Locator Point for Configuration Manager Clients?
Server locator points are used in a Configuration Manager 2007 hierarchy to complete client site assignment on the intranet and help clients find management points when they cannot find that information through Active Directory Domain Services.
Intranet clients use Active Directory Domain Services as their preferred method to complete site assignment and find management points. However, clients must use a server locator point if,
- Active Directory schema is not extended for Configuration Manager 2007 or the site is not published to Active Directory Domain Services, or
- if clients do not belong to the same Active Directory forest as the site server’s forest.
What is the use of the cloud management dashboard?
The Cloud management dashboard offers a centralized view of cloud management gateway usage. It included a CMG connection analyser to troubleshoot issues in real-time.
Provide client deployment methods.
Answer: Following are the client deployment methods:
· Software replace factor primarily based totally installation
· Upgrade Installation
· Client Push Installation
· Group Policy Installation
· Manual Installation
· Logon Script Installation
List out the conditions for software program replace factor
Answer: Below are the factors required for software program replace factor
· Network Load Balancing
· Windows Update Agent
· Windows Installer
· Background Intelligent Transfer Server (BITS) 2.5
· Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.zero
· Site server communication
· WSUS 3.zero Administration Console
What is the role of application management in configuration manager 1802?
The application manager will allow the users to interact while installing an application. It also approves application requests for users per each device. Furthermore, it configures an application deployment not automatically upgrading any suppressed version.
Differentiate between SCCM & WSUS
The difference between SCCM & WSUS is:
|The full form of SCCM is Centre Configuration Management.||The full form of WSUS is Windows Server Update Service.|
|SCCM is used for pushing images of all types of operating systems.||It can’t be used for pushing images for all types of operating systems.|
|SCCM offers asset management functionality.||WSUS does not offer asset management functionality.|
A Software Update Point (SUP) is a system role installed on a Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) server that allows you to create packages of updates according to various criteria.
What is the cause of extending the schema in SCCM?
Schema extension in SCCM is essential to distribute the Configuration Manager objects to Active Directory.
How will you are taking far off manage of the purchaser device using the SCCM console?
Steps to take far off manage of the purchaser device:
· Open the SCCM console
· Navigate to “All systems” The purchaser device can be populated on this path
· Right-click on at the purchaser device and pick out “Start”
· Select “Remote tools”.
Mention the improvements made to Configuration manager console in SCCM 2018 version 1802?
The following are the improvements made by console are,
- Suppose if the collection is a member of other collections, it will be renamed first and the new name is updated in the membership list.
- When we control clients remotely with multiple monitors at various DPI scaling, the mouse now maps correctly between them.
- A list of compatible devices is displayed on the Office 365 Client Management Dashboard when graph divisions are selected.
- Enabling of device and user affinity client settings for the site to connect a primary user with the device.
Do you watched Configuration Manager facilitates in figuring out the computer systems which can be utilized by a client to aid the characteristic referred to as User Device Affinity?
Yes. Configuration Manager gathers method information from client which may be applied to robotically describe User Device affinities or to advantage with guide advent of affinities.
Will the cloud management gateway in SCCM 2018 version 1802 support for Azure Resource Manager?
Yes, while creating an instance for cloud management gateway, the wizard provides a way for creating Azure resource manager deployment. When we deploy Azure resource manager with cloud management gateway, the site utilizes the Azure directory to create and authenticate the necessary cloud resources. This deployment continues to support cloud services, which the cloud service provider doesn’t require.
What is recorded in Sitestat.log record ?
The obtainability and disk area screening method of the entire web page systems.
What is site system?
A site system a computer which is using a supported version of Windows. It can also be a shared folder that hosts multiple site systems.
What is the site system role?
A site system role is a function needed to use Configuration Manager or to use its feature.
What is the site server?
The site server is the system on which the user is going to install the configuration manager. It hosts services required for the configuration manager.
List the insights in the configuration manager 1802?
The insights that are available in SCCM 1802 are:
- Applications: Without the deployment
- Cloud Services:
The cloud services are
- Modernizing access infrastructure and identity
- Enabling devices to be hybrid active Azure directory-joined
- Access for the co-management readiness
- Upgrading of clients to Windows 10, version 1709 or above
- Simplified management excluding outdated client versions
- Use the new version of the software center
- Configuring commercial ID key and Windows telemetry
Branch distribution points give an option for efficient package distribution to premises having limited bandwidth. BDP depends on a standard distribution point from which it receives content.
Branch distribution should contact a BITS-enabled standard distribution to function properly.
What is inventory in SCCM?
The inventory gives you system information like processor type, operating system, and application. There are two types of inventory:
- Software inventory: It collects files from the client machine and store on the website server.
- Hardware inventory: It collects information about the client’s hardware configuration in an organization.
What is Asset Intelligence in SCCM?
Asset Intelligence allows the administrator to use inventory and management software using the configuration manager hierarchy.
Explain Out of Band Management.
Out of band management in SCCM offers management control for PC.
Why use BITS in SCCM?
Background Intelligent Transfer Service or BITS available in SCCM allows the data transfers to use only the existing bandwidth. It does not obstruct the network while distributing information to clients.
Mention the types of the sender in SCCM?
Types of the sender in SCCM are 1) Standard Sender and 2) Courier Sender.
What is the full form of ITMU?
The full form of ITMU is the Inventory Tool for Microsoft Updates.
Mention different application detection methods defined in SCCM
Different application detection methods defined in SCCM are: 1) File system, 2) Registry, 3) Windows installers, and 4) custom detection.
Explain the uses of state migration role in SCCM
The state migration role is used to take backup and migrate user states. It uses task sequences to capture and restore the user state data in OS deployment.
Why used the global condition option?
Global condition option application deployment to have granular control over deployment. It can also be used to avoid issues that are faced in deployment.
What are the management insights in SCCM 2018 version 1802?
The management insights in the configuration manager 1802 provides information regarding the current state of the environment. The information is based on how the data is analyzed from the site database. By using insights, we can better understand our situation and also can take the necessary actions if needed.
What is client policy?
Client policy can be defined as how often configuration manager clients download the following client policy:
- Windows OS computers (servers, desktops, laptops, etc.)
- Mobile devices
- Mac OS computers
- Computers that run UNIX or Linux.
Mention client installation options available in SCCM:
Client installation options available in SCCM are:
- Client push
- Manual installation
- Group policy installation
- Microsoft Intune installation
- Software update point-based installation
- Logon script installation.
What is the fallback status point (FSP) in SCCM?
- The fallback status point redirect provides Configuration Manager clients another fallback server in case if client installation fails or site assignment.
Mention the difference between native and mixed mode:
- Difference between native and mixed mode is:
|Native mode||Mixed mode|
|The Native mode is used for authentication and encryption.||The mixed mode can be used to locate the default management point of the client.|
|It can be integrated with the public key infrastructure.||It cannot be integrated with public key infrastructure.|
Define Software Metering:
Software metering is used for monitoring and collecting data related to the use of the software on the various clients of CM.
What is limiting collection in SCCM 2012 and why we should use it?
In the configuration manager 2012, all the collections access must be limited to the membership of another collection. Whenever we create a collection, we need to specify a limiting collection. A collection is always a subset of the limiting collection.
What are the enhancements available in Configuration Manager 1610?
The configuration manager provides various upgradations in the version 1610; they are:
- The integration of Windows 10 upgrade analytics allows us to access and analyze device compatibility and readiness.
- Deployment of Office 365 apps to benefit clients and also track Office 365 usage.
- It provides a simpler way to manage configuration manager clients on the internet.
- Improvements in software center
What’s new in SCCM 2018 version 1802?
System Centre Configuration 1802 manager was released in the year 2018, which has more advanced features, improvements, and also many changes have been made to this version to avoid product issues. The issues which are fixed in SCCM 1810 are:
- Configuration of manager console
- Setting software updates management
- Content Management and software distribution
- Installing of new site systems
This new version of SCCM is available as an in-console update that must be installed at the top-tier site in the hierarchy.
What are the crucial features of SCCM 1802?
The key features of Configuration manager 2018 version 1802 are:
- Windows delivery optimization
- Auto-pilot Windows device information
- Deploying of phases for task sequences
- Designing dashboards for surface devices
- Making improvements for cloud management gateway
What are the changes made by the site infrastructure of SCCM 2018 version 1802?
Configuration manager 1802, site infrastructure provides many improvements for better efficiency and outcomes. The main changes made in site infrastructure of SCCM 1802 are:
- Reassigning the distribution points
- Supports Windows 10 ARM64 devices
- Enhanced support for CNG certificates
- Fallback of boundary groups for management points
- Point site affinity for cloud distribution
- Configuring of windows delivery optimization to make use of boundary groups
Explain log files needed for inventory.
Log files needed for inventory are:
- Software inventory and file collections.
- Hardware inventory, software inventory, and heartbeat discovery agent on client
What is branch cache?
- The branch cache is a windows component that is used for bandwidth optimization.
What is NAP?
Network Access Protection is a feature that leverages Windows 2008 NAP to control which computer has access to a network
What is Wake On LAN?
WOL stands for Wake-On-LAN. It allows a magic packet to be sent to a computer to wake up, ready to receive software updates.
Define Deployment Share SCCM
A deployment share in SCCM is a repository for the OS images, applications, language packs, and device drivers. They can be deployed to the target machine.
What is SLP?
Responsible for informing SCCM Clients which MP they should access in order to install the SCCM Client software. Only required in some Client Deployment scenarios.
Why used Server Locator Point (SLP) in SCCM?
Server Locator Point is SCCM hierarchy to complete the client site assignment on the intranet. It helps clients to find MP and help clients find management point.
What are MIF files in SCCM?
SCCM MIF files are files that enable us to determine the success or failure of any installation. Once the program is finishing its execution, SCCM would check %windir% and %temp% directories for new files.
Where to install and configure Courier Sender?
The courier sender in SCCM is installed and configured on primary and secondary sites.
Define SCCM BITS Throttling:
SCCM BITS Throttling is a property of client agent which is found in path: Site Management\Site\Site Settings\Client Agents.
List out important site system roles:
Site system roles are:
- Management Point
- Distribution point
- Reporting point
- PXE service point
- State migration point
- Software update point
- Server locator point
- Fallback status point
What is enhanced HTTP site system?
Enhanced HTTP site system is a way in which the client machine communicates with the site system. It has a feature that enables new users to use configuration manager certification to access the HTTP site.
Explain Heartbeat Discovery mode
Heartbeat Discovery mode is used by active configuration manager clients for updating discovery records in a specific database. It is initiated by an active client. Heartbeat Discovery does not find any new resource
Explain application catalog web service point.
Application Catalog web service point transfers the software information to the catalog website from the library
Define network discovery mode:
Network discovery mode searches network infrastructure for network devices having an IP address. It allows users to find devices that are not found by other searching methods, including bridges, routers, and printers.
Can we’ve got a couple of Default Management for a Website?
Users can configure any quantity of control factors inside a website, however best one of these diverse factors can stand out to be the default control factor. To have more than one default control factor, the configuration of control factors to the Network Load Balancing cluster or NLB needs to be achieved through the person.
Explain the reporting service point
A reporting services point a method of integrating SQL server reporting services. It is used for both creating and managing configuration manage application catalogue web service point.
What SCCM offer?
Patch Management, OSD (Operating System Deployment), Hardware & Software Inventory, Remote Control, Software Distribution, and Network Access Protection.
Can SCCM 2012 provide clients with unique client configurations without installing sites?
Yes, SCCM 2012 provides a hierarchical-level of default client settings, which impact additional changes on the client by utilizing custom-client settings assigned to collections. This presents a malleable method of delivering custom-built client settings to any one of the clients in the hierarchy, in spite of whether it is assigned to the site or network location
Explain All Unknown Computers collection.
The All-Unknown Computers collection has two objects which represent records in the database. It enables users to deploy OS to their PC that is not managed by configuration manager.
Define Shared distribution points:
Shared distribution points are points at sites in the source hierarchy. It is used by clients at the destination during the migration period.
How to find which object types are assigned to security roles?
Users can generate the security report for a particular configuration manager objects to find types of objects that are assigned to security roles.
What is the primary difference between internet-based client management and DirectAccess?
The primary difference between Internet-based client management and DirectAccess is:
|internet-based client management||DirectAccess|
|Internet-based client management is a particular configuration manager.||DirectAccess is a Windows solution that allows users to manage domain systems when they switch from intranet to the internet.|
|It will enable users to manage mobile devices and computers when they are on the internet.||It enables users to manage the router, IPV4, and IPV6 networks.|
Define SMS provider:
SMS Provider is a Windows Management Instrumentation provider that allows read and write access to the network configuration manager site database. It is used by the configuration manager console.
What is the central administration site?
The central administration site manages side replication of data across the hierarchy using the configuration manager database. It also allows the administration of hierarchy-wide configurations for discovery, client agents, and other operations.
This site can be used for all administration as well as reporting for specific hierarchy.
DPM stands for Data Protection Manager. It is used when SCOM finds any faults on a machine.
DPM helps to recover data from the backup that it holds. It can take a backup of SharePoint data, server file system, SQL databases, exchange databases, etc.
What is remote control?
The remote control is a provision to take the remote access of a computer to analyse the issue. It allows an administrator or support engineer to access any system remotely.
Explain reporting in SCCM.
SCCM provides integration with a report generation tool. It generates reports depend on the requirements of IT administrators.
These reports are:
- Standard configuration reports
- Report of systems having missed the updates
- Inventory reports.
What do you imply through barriers in System Center Configuration Manager Console?
It’s your community region that carries the gadgets which you want to control.
Is there any need for new Active Directory schema extensions in System Centre Configuration Manager 2012?
No, there is no such extension for the system center configuration manager 2012. The new active directory schema for SCCM 2012 remains constant from those of SCCM 2007. Once we extend the schema for system center 2007, we don’t need to extend schema again for configuration manager 2012.
Have the site types changed from SCCM 2012?
System center configuration manager 2012 has made changes to both secondary and primary sites present in SCCM 2007, while the new site type is the central administrative site. This new type replaces the initial(primary) site which is referred to as top-level multi-primary site hierarchy. This central site type will coordinate a shared database across the hierarchy and also provide centralized configuration and reporting to the entire hierarchy.
How do you take a look at the server Version of SCCM?
Open your SCCM Console, choose “About Configuration Manager” out of your pinnacle left-hand facet icon.
What are the capabilities of SCCM?
Update and patch structures remotely manage & guide a purchaser, preferred gadget configuration, deploys running structures, tracks the hardware and software program assets, and SCCM may be used for personalization of software program.
What is an internet client?
Internet client is a component on the SCCM tool. It enables users to access mobile devices or remote systems remotely without using a VPN network.
What is Asset tracking?
Asset tracking can be defined as a system that needs to be kept in the track of patches or updates. It is generally done when the system is created with a required OS.
How to backup SCCM server?
Users can take a backup of SCCM server by expanding site settings node and click on a specific task.
Explain the way to backup SCCM Server.
Answer: Scheduled Backup: Expand the Site Maintenance node and Site Settings node. Now, click on on ‘Tasks’.
Manual backup: Start the “SMS_SITE_BACKUP” service.
What is DDR?
Answer: DDR stands for Discovery Data Records. The discovery builds a Discovery Data Records (DDRs) while discovery runs. The records blanketed in DDR differ primarily based totally on the located resource.
What is the approximate length of a person’s DDR?
The approximate length of the person’s DDR is 1 KB.
Explain database replication.
Database replication uses My SQL server to transfer data for settings and configurations to other sites that are in the CM hierarchy.
Mention the services needed for the client computer to communicate with the server.
The services needed for the client machine to communicate with the server are: 1) Computer browser, 2) Windows installer, 3) SMS agent host, 4) BITS, and 5) WMI.
What is SCCM console?
SCCM console is an administrative tool to perform various tasks like application deployment, device management, application deployment, and network.
What is the purpose of extended AD Schema?
The Schema extension in SCCM is used to distribute the Configuration Manager 2012 information to the Active Directory.
What is a Management point?
The Management point represents a primary point of contact between the clients and the server. It can provide installation rudiments, announcements, and source file location for the software distribution package.
Installing the management point:
What is DP?
Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) Distribution Points (DPs) are servers that hold the Content (files) that are used for all kinds of installations (Packages, Applications, Driver Packages, etc.). There are several options for distributing content: Collection, Distribution Point, and Distribution Point Groups. We will cover last two of the options and SCCM Distribution Point Groups the most.
What is GPO?
- Microsoft’s Group Policy Object (GPO) is a collection of Group Policy settings that defines what a system will look like and how it will behave for a defined group of users.
- Microsoft provides a program snap-in that allows you to use the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC). The selections result in a Group Policy Object. The GPO is associated with selected Active Directory containers, such as sites, domains, or organizational units (OU). The GPMC allows you to create a GPO that defines registry-based polices, security options, software installation and maintenance options, scripts options and folder redirection options.
Types of GPO?
- Local Group Policy Objects. A local Group Policy Object refers to the collection of group policy settings that only apply to the local computer and to the users who log on to that computer. Local GPOs are used when policy settings need to apply to a single Windows computer or user. Local GPOs exist by default on all Windows computers.
- Non-local Group Policy Objects. A non-local group policy object is used when policy settings must apply to one or more Windows computers or users. Non-local GPOs apply to Windows computers or users once they’re linked to Active Directory objects, such as sites, domains, or organizational units.
- Starter Group Policy Objects. Introduced in Windows Server 2008, starter GPOs are templates for Group Policy settings. These objects enable an administrator to create and have a pre-configured group of settings that represent a baseline for any future policy to be created.
Benefits of GPO?
- More efficient management — GPOs already in place apply a standardized environment to all new users and computers that join an organization’s domain, saving time on setup.
- Ease of administration — system administrators can deploy software, patches, and other updates via GPO.
- Better password policy enforcement — GPOs determine password length, reuse rules, and establish other requirements for passwords to keep a company’s network safe.
- Configuring folder redirection — GPOs enable companies to ensure users are keeping important company files on a centralized and monitored storage system. For instance, an organization can redirect a user’s Documents folder, which is usually stored on a local drive, to a network location.
Limitation of GPO?
- They run sequentially — GPOs process actions one after another. Consequently, if many GPOs have to be configured, it can take a long time for users to log on.
- Flexibility is limited — GPOs can only be applied to users or computers. So, they’re limited when it comes to applying settings based on context.
- Limited triggers — GPOs can only be applied at computer start-up, when a user logs on or at set intervals. GPOs can’t react to changes in environment, such as network disconnect or reconnect.
- Difficult to maintain — there’s no built-in search or filter option to find a specific setting within a GPO, making it difficult to find or fix issues with existing settings.
- No Version control — changes made to GPO settings aren’t audited. So, if an incorrect change is made, it’s impossible to tell what the change was or who made it.
Best Practices to set GPO
- Some best practices for GPOs include:
- Create a well-designed organizational unit structure in Active Directory to simplify applying and troubleshooting Group Policy.
- Give GPOs descriptive names to enable admins to quickly identify what each GPO does.
- Add comments to each GPO explaining why it was created, what its purpose is and what its settings are.
- Don’t set GPOs at the domain level because they’ll be applied to all computer and user objects. That could cause some settings to be applied to some objects unnecessarily.
- Don’t use the root computers or user folders in Active Directory because they’re not organizational units and they can’t have GPOs linked to them. When a new user or computer object appears in these folders, it should be immediately to the appropriate OU.
- Don’t disable a GPO. Rather, delete the link from an OU instead of disabling the GPO if you don’t want it to be applied. Disabling the GPO will prevent it from being applied entirely on the domain. That could be a problem because if that Group Policy is used in another OU, it won’t work there any longer.
What are the different application detection methods defined in SCCM?
- The different application detection methods d are as follows:
- Custom detection
- Windows installers
- File system
List the services required for the client computer to communicate with the server?
The following are the services required for the client machine to communicate with the server:
- Computer browser
- SMS agent host
- Windows installer
- Background Intelligence Transfer Server (BITS)
How to switch the records among the clients and the SCCM server?
With the assist of BITS and affect downloading the coverage of the client. It is used for downloading the client to the system at the time of beginning a client attack. You can see the entries with inside the ccmsetup.log report whilst the BITS is controlled.
Name the component products present in the System Center 2012?
The component products which are included in SC 2012 are:
- System Centre 2012 service manager
- System Centre 2012 data protection manager
- System Centre 2012 configuration manager
- System Centre 2012 app controller
- System Centre 2012 operation manager
How to take Remote control of the Client Computer using the SCCM Console?
Open the SCCM console, Click All systems collections where the client has been populated. Right-click on the client computer, select Start and then Click Remote tools.
What’s new in SCCM 2012?
Configuration Manager 2012 is a major release for client administrators. This version 2012 was designed to manage heterogeneous devices and also introduces a new way to deploy applications. It provides more capabilities which allow client administrator to enable consumerization of IT. Moreover, it offers unique SCCM features such as enhanced setting management, reduced infrastructure, and role-based administration
How to attach the SCCM web website online server?
By using PowerShell. It is hard to attach the supervisor Console to the gadget.
· Click at the proper on PowerShell
· Select Run as administration
· Type the command and press input
· Type the command and Run
· Finally, input the web website online code for connection
Is there any chance to upgrade existing configuration manager 2007 to SCCM 2012 sites?
Many changes are made in SCCM 2012 to prevent in-place upgrades. The configuration manager 2012 supports migration from SCCM 2007 with a side-by-side deployment. For example, let us consider system center 2012 with a database that is optimized and shared over all the sites. Moreover, the site types and site relationships have been changed. So, these changes will not provide any ways to upgrade hierarchies.
Does the SCCM 2012 support the same client installation methods as of configuration manager 2007?
Yes, the Configuration Manager 2012 supports the same installation methods as that of SCCM 2007. Some of the client installation methods include,
- Grouping policy
- Software-based update
- Login script
What is System Center?
System Centre is the Microsoft Management Tools logo name. It affirms a manner to mix gadget control equipment with technology handy gadget operations, troubleshooting, control services, and planning.
How can we download the Patches in SCCM?
To download patches in SCCM we must add the SUP role to the site. After adding, we need to configure the products, active SUP, sync settings, and classifications. To complete the download, we should go to update the repository node and then execute the run synchronization action from the primary site. Once the synchronization is done, we will find the downloaded patches in the console.
What is the latest version of SCCM?
The latest version of Configuration Manager is Endpoint Configuration Manager 2002, which was released in the month of April 2020
Does a Configuration Manager support a 64-bit operating system?
Yes, the design of the configuration manager console is a 32-bit program, which supports both 32-bit operating system and a 64-bit operating system.
How to control integration among Microsoft Windows Update and the WSUS?
With the assist of an aspect named WSUS integration supervisor. The integration director included the updates of software program metadata from the WSUS info to SCCM after completing the integration. The recorded report is attached with the detail named the wsyncmgr.log report.
Why .NET 4.7 in Configuration Manager?
To enhance the console accessibility .NET 4.7 is used with inside the configuration supervisor.
Is it viable to install definitions with the usage of Configuration Manager distribution factors?
Yes, it’s far truly viable to installation Endpoint Protection definitions with the usage of Configuration Manager software program updates.
Explain the worldwide condition.
Requirement regulations employ Global conditions. For a deployment kind, requirement regulations are the only ones that set a price for an international condition. Let us have an instance as below:
“OS =”: This is an international condition
“OS = Linux.”: This is a demanding rule
what is wanted to supply the content material to the clients?
With the assist of the Distribution factor. When the purchaser desires to download a sparkling working machine then it’s miles linked with distribution factors at the region. The purchaser locations the distribution factor through producing boundaries.
How to manipulate the achievement and failure of the setup?
With the assist of MIF is SCCM. SCCM will see with inside the %windr% and temp% index for brand new MIF documents after an application is finished implementation. Now to check them on each foundation. It is thinking about because the piece of records collected and spell the time of the SMS or SCCM hardware catalog is walking at the system.